MUST-DO ACTIVITIES IN BALI: TEGALLALANG RICE TERRACE
IS IT WORTH IT TO VISIT TEGALLALANG RICE TERRACE UBUD?
Tegallalang Rice Terrace is part of the UNESCO World Heritage list. Because of its beauty and uniqueness, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bali. A surreal place where you can spend an entire day. They have an amazing restaurant where I ate the best vegetable soup.
Is it worth visiting? I would definitely say that you must visit it if you want to discover a place so well preserved by the locals that it will amaze you. You have enough activities to spend an entire day and a world-class restaurant with amazing Balinese food.
HOW TO GET TO TEGALLALANG RICE TERRACE UBUD
The Tegalalang Rice Terrace is located in the center of the island, a 20 minutes drive from Ubud. As you approach the main road you will see that there are multiple entrances to Tegalalang Rice Terrace. You pay the fee only once and have access to all the entrances. Just keep in mind not to throw the ticket.
- You can book a personal driver for the day, that will walk you everywhere you need. I paid 400K IDR (27€ or 26 USD) and my driver was at all times with me, showing me around, entering with me everywhere I went, and, taking very nice pictures for me. They go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and deliver a bespoke service.
- Take a taxi scooter. For instance, if you need to go for a relatively short distance and spend the day there, just look for locals that propose to drive you with their scooter. I usually paid between 50K and 80K IDR (3-6 €/USD), depending on the distance. They provide you with a helmet, as it is forbidden in Bali to ride without a helmet.
- Use the Go-Jek or Grab app to book a taxi. There is a standard base fare for Bali taxis of around 0.44 €/USD (7K IDR), and an additional charge per km of around 0.47 €/USD (7.5K IDR).
- Rent a bike and ride like Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love for total satisfaction.
- Book the tour on Get Your Guide HERE. Includes Bottled water, All entrance fees, Hotel pickup and drop-off, Jungle swing (if option selected), and Lunch (if option selected).
What to see at tegallalang rice terrace
Best time to visit the TEGALLALANG RICE TERRACE
The best time to visit the Tegallalang Rice Terrace is in the morning. The tourists have not yet rushed in, so it will be more peaceful and quiet for you to enjoy a cup of coffee in their restaurant, or enjoy a swing ride and take lots of instagramable pictures for your feed.
The Tegallalang Rice Terrace is open every day from 7 am to 6 pm.
Tickets: The ticket price is 10 000 IDR (0.6 €/$). Parking: 2 000 IDR (0.13 €/$). Famous Sunrise Point: 50 000 IDR (3.2 €/$).
CHECK OUT THE BEST ACTIVITY TOURS IN BALI
DID YOU FIND THIS ARTICLE USEFUL?
Tell me in the comments section if you’ve been to Bali and what was your experience. If you are planning to go on solo travel to Bali ask me for some useful tips that are not in this article.
FOR MORE TRAVEL INSPIRATION, FOLLOW ME ON
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS
HOW TO PREPARE BALINESE DISH PEPES INDULGE IN THE BALINESE CUISINE Balinese cooking is a plethora of cultural influences. Balinese dishes, cooking styles, and tools for preparing food have been cultivated from other cultures. The Chinese introduced stir-frying, the […]
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO EATING LIKE A LOCAL IN BALI INDULGE IN THE BALINESE CUISINE Balinese cooking is a plethora of cultural influences. Balinese dishes, cooking styles, and tools for preparing food have been cultivated from other cultures. The […]